I’ve learned to embrace my stupid mistakes as hard life lessons. Being a member of the dirty thirty, since 2016, and going strong I can look back with anguish, pride, and appreciation of surviving a decade in my twenties. If I was given the opportunity to slap my twenty something year old self a few times to wake up and smell the café bustelo here’s what I would say to her….
- Girl, that is NOT love. If there is no R-E-S-P-E-C-T then boi bye! Stop holding onto something that was never there or worth your time to begin with.
2. Stop feeling guilty, it’s okay to put yourself first every once in a while. Yes, your kids are your world, the air you breath, but if you don’t take care of you then who will take care of them.
3. Curly hair is bomb embrace your natural self.
4. Please stop over plucking those brows!
5. Stop putting yourself down so much. If you talk bad about yourself you are allowing others to perceive you in that way as well. You are such a beautiful soul inside and out. You are not your mistakes.
6. Pray more, worry less, and leave it in God’s hands.
7. Don’t share the negatives of your relationship to your close friends and family. No matter what they will be bias, when things are great in your relationship, your loved ones will only remember the bad.
8. Say “NO” more often.
9. Give yourself time to heal before you move on. You will only carry those wounds into your next relationship.
10. Don’t live so much in the now, think about how your present actions may affect your future.
11. Take the chance don’t be afraid to fail.
12. Forgive who hurt you. Consuming yourself in your pain will only make the individual have more power over you.
13. Never wear low rise jeans ever again.
14. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL
15. Keep pushing forward you will reach your goal at the end.
16. True friends will uplift you not drag you down.
17. God’s timing is the perfect time. He hears you, be patient.
18. It’s ok to cry, you don’t have to act like a badass all the time.
19. You are so much stronger than you think. I am so proud of you.
20. Always trust your gut.
Regret nothing in your life even of your past was full of hurt, still look back and smile because it made you who you are today.
T-shirt/Shorts from Fashion Nova
Fila Disruptors II from DSW
Adidas bag from Urban Outfitters
Shades from H&M
Socks from son’s closet 😀